By default, we will install standard or basic hardware device to make theÂ operating system successfully running in your virtual machine (VMWare). But in certain situations, we need to add additional hardware device into it such as we need dual network interface card (NIC)/Ethernet adapter/Network card to meet the requirement on implementation to do clustering or VPN.
Here I want to share with you all on how to add additional hardware or device into your virtual machine.
Refer to the following steps:
- Open your VMWare image using VMWare Workstation
- Under Commands menu, click on Edit virtual machine settings
- Now you can see Hardware tab and the list of device in the current VMWare image. Here you can add and remove device by clicking Add and Remove button at bottom of page
- Assume that we want to add additional network interface card (NIC)/Ethernet adapter/Network card
- Click on Add, under Hardware Wizard, select Ethernet Adapter and click Next
- Under, Network Type, you can specify what type of network do you want to add such as Bridged, NAT, Host-only or custom. Normally we will use Bridged type
- Click Finish and you will see that network interface card (NIC) /Ethernet adapter /network card listed in the hardware list
- Click Ok and start your virtual machine using VMWare Workstation or VMWare player.
- After your virtual machine successfully start up, you can verify you new installed network interface card (NIC)/Ethernet adapter/network card by accessing Network Connections in control panel