Here I want to share with you all on how to solve base system device error on Benq Joybook S32. Yesterday I just formatted my colleague notebook model Benq Joybook S32 and installed it with windows XP service pack 3. Before format, i’ve prepare all the driver by downloading it from http://joybookholic.blogspot.com/. After installing windows, I installed all the drivers, but when I double check in device manager, have yellow exclamation mark. It show that the base system device driver has not installed.
This problem actually come from all in 1 card reader, Ricoh R5C83x/84x Flash Media Controller Driver version 3.50.02. To solve this problem, read the following step:
1. Download the correct card reader driver. You can download it from here:
2. After finish download, extract it.
3. Open the extracted folder and execute Setup launcher.
4. Follow the rest of the step and you should prompted to restart your machine.
5. Restart you machine and after wake up, double check either the problem solve or not.
6. If not solve, you need to update the driver manually by accessing through device manager.
7. There are 3 yellow exclamation mark, select the first one from top and browse the location that you extract the driver.
8. Point it to folder MS and let the system install the driver.
7. After finish, update driver for the rest. The second is for SDMMC and the third is for XD.
8. Now, no more yellow exclamation mark and your problem base system device driver on Benq Joybook S32 or S32W solved.