Here I want to share on how to recover a deleted contact list from MS Outlook 2007 ifÂ there is no exchange server exist. If you are using exchange server, it’s can be recover by click Recover Deleted Items button on the Tools menu. For this post, this method suitable if:
1. You are using POP3/SMTP account type.
2. you haven’t emptied your Deleted Items folder since you lost your contacts. If you have done it,I cannot help you.
3. There are no backups (.pst files) to restore.
4. No exchange server exist.
5. When you delete a contact, it show you a confirmation message “Are you sure you want to delete the folder “Foldername” and move all of its contents into the Deleted Items folder?” and you proceed by click OK. But when you see into “Deleted Items folder”, the folder does not exist.
To recover it, you can use Export and Import functions in the MS outlook 2007. Follow the following step to make it.
1. Click File ->Import and Export
2. On Import and Export Wizard windows, select Export to a file for the action to perform
3. On Export to a File, select Microsoft Excel 97-2003 for the file type to be create.You can select others file type if you familiar with that. Click next.
4. On this page, you can see the deleted contact folder inside Deleted Items folder. Select which deleted contact folder that you want to export and click Next
5. Give a filename to the filetype you want to save and click next
6. Review the actions will be performed and click finish.
7. Double check the excel file create. The list of your contact should be listed inside
To restore back you contact list:
1. Create a new folder inside your contact (if required, if not, just using default contact folder)
2. Click File ->Import and Export
3. On Import and Export Wizard windows, select Import from another program or file for the action to perform and then click Next
4. On Import a file, select the file type to import from and click Next. For this example, select Microsoft Excel 97-2003
5. Browse the location of file you want to import
6. Select the destination folder that you created on step 1
7. Review the actions will be performed and click finish.
8. Double check your recovered contact in the contact folder you restore. You’re done!